Banning bot farm locations

We get frequent site visits from Council Bluffs, Boardman, and other locations that are very likely bot farms. I’ve attempted to ban them without effect. Is there a better way to avoid these chat triggers?

1 Like

Hi there,

I understand that you’re experiencing frequent site visits from Council Bluffs, Boardman, and other locations that seem to be bot farms. Unfortunately, we currently do not have an option to automatically ban someone from chat based on their geolocation via a trigger.

Dealing with inauthentic website visitors typically requires a combination of different strategies such as IP Blocking, CAPTCHA, Rate Limiters, or using a bot detection software, which is usually handled on the website level.

A potential solution to preventing these bots from appearing as Visitors on your Contact list would be to implement a Consent Form. This way, only the users who agree to your terms get logged, similarly to how CAPTCHA works. You can find our Help Center article on setting up a Consent form here: Help Center | tawk.to | Enabling and managing your consent form .

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you for your prompt and informative response. I understand the situation better now, and you may close this ticket.