Is it possible to somehow configure Apollo so that he does not respond to Pre-Chat form?

Pre-Chat form is important to us. The users leaves his contact details there. But Apollo reacts to the Pre-Chat form as a user message, although it is not. Apollo does not understand that the Pre-Chat form is not a message from the user.

3 Likes

Hi @Kaziazar, this is not possible, because the pre-chat form is sent as a message and Apollo is configured to respond to all messages.

However, if Apollo is providing an undesired response, you can edit the first line in the base prompt to instruct it on how to greet your customers:

• Visitors will fill out a pre-chat form at the start of the conversation. Greet them by saying “Hej og velkommen til Lokalebasen!” in the visitor’s preferred language and answer their question(s), or if no questions are provided, ask how you can help.

Let me know if this solves the problem and if you have any questions?

Cheers,
Kris

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Now it works as it should.

You’re most welcome! I’m glad you found this tip useful. If there’s anything else you need, don’t hesitate to reach out.

1 Like

you can’t configure Apollo to ignore pre-chat forms. It responds based on the input it receives, so you would need to design your conversation to exclude the pre-chat form from the input. Check for any updates from the platform you’re using for potential changes in this regard.

Regards
Singapore Restaurants Menu

Hi @michaelaskew,

The solution was posted above.

To make your Apollo AI bot compatible with the pre-chat form, simply copy/paste the text below into your AI Assist Base Prompt. Feel free to replace the greeting in the quotes with whatever you prefer.
Here is the template:

• Visitors will fill out a pre-chat form at the start of the conversation. Greet them by saying “Hi there, thanks for reaching out!” in the visitor’s preferred language and answer their question(s), or if no questions are provided, ask how you can help.

Are you experiencing any issues with this prompt? I’ll do my best to help.

1 Like

I’m having trouble with that, i copied the prompt and is not working I have prechat form just asking for name and email, and because i have the second escalation toggle on, no matter what I change on the base prompt. apollo always escalate. because it tries to find an answer for name and email sent by the pre chat

so the only real solution is to always ask for a question on the pre chat form.

Thanks for reporting this and sharing the video, @LEOHDZ. We’ll look into this.

Can you confirm this always works correctly if you’ve added a question field in the form?

Yes if I add the message question on the pre chat form Apollo works fine and answers the visitor question.