My widget triggered a welcome message even though it was offline due to the scheduled hours

My widget generated a message trigger for a user even though it was offline. I have it configured with a custom schedule from 7:30 AM to 18:00 PM, yet, at 20:31 PM (in my local time) my widget generated a trigger for a user in Italy. This resulted in the user getting frustrated and leaving my site and service.

Here is the schedule for Wednesday (day that this happened) and the chat that shouldn’t have triggered the message (see the time):

Note that i haven’t modified the custom schedule in a long time, and if i test it by myself, it seems to work perfectly. I suspect it could have something to do with the final user’s timezone.

Hi advan,

Thank you for your bug report.

I have looked into this and it seems like since the error occurred within an hour of the scheduled turn-off time, the selected timezone may have gone out of sync due to DST changes. We will try to see if we can confirm and replicate this theory.
If you used tawk.to phone app around that time, it is possible that the Online status of the phone app profile pushed the widget online, as the trigger only was sent after 16 minutes of visitor browsing when it should have been sent in 10 seconds.
Nevertheless, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we will investigate this further.

Let me know if the issue persists.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your reply, and for looking into it, for now it hasn’t happened again, i will let you know if that changes.

Also, i didn’t use the Tawk app, i make sure to leave it in “Invisible” status at the end of the day.

Best regards!