Product Update, July 8th, 2023

Delayed Answer

Apollo AI Bot now has a “Delay” setting, so you can set exactly how long it should wait before it joins incoming chats.

This new feature lets your team get to chats first. Everyone’s busy or taking a break?

No problem – Apollo will jump in and serve your customers if you’re not available.

Unlimited Free Testing

We have now made it completely free to test Apollo AI’s responses in the preview area.

It will no longer use message credits, so performance test to your heart’s content even if your balance is 0.

New Data Sources

Coming this week: You’ll be able to add your website as a data source, just provide the URL and we will instantly scrape your website for data. Onboarding has never been easier.

:point_right: Take me to AI Assist

These updates were made at the request of customers.

Is there something you would like AI Assist to be able to do?

A missing feature we don’t know about?

Help guide us on what we should be working on next here in the Community forum.

We’re excited to hear your feedback!

1 Like

How will we know when the new data scraping (adding our website) feature is live?

Hi Ashley, we will continue sharing updates via email, socials and here in our community.

Stay tuned!

1 Like

But I still don’t see that option. And the email didn’t come either. When can we expect this functional?

Hi Kaziazar, welcome to the community! We appreciate your excitement about the upcoming URL as a data source feature. The team ran into an unpredicted hurdle that has pushed back this feature’s release date. We are working hard to have this ready for our customers very soon. Please stay tuned – we will post more updates this week.

It’s live now , you can also upload documents as well

1 Like

" Unlimited Free Testing

We have now made it completely free to test Apollo AI’s responses in the preview area.

It will no longer use message credits, so performance test to your heart’s content even if your balance is 0."

Will this option be available? Kristaps announced it nearly a month ago. But testing still uses your message limit.

1 Like

What they meant is that if you get to 0 credits you will still be able to test it on the preview section.

The way it works is not completely free. You should really reword it to make it clear that is uses up your credits.
I found it incredible frustrating discovering this yesterday :triumph:

maybe is a good time to try a paid plan. I mean it is a very powerful tool and it is not as expensive as other similar tools. but yeah same happened to me a month ago. sorry to hear it happened to you.

Well, I will definitely consider it, but only after I’m sure AI will not give customer some ridiculous answers, because it’s powerful but not perfect. It’s good to know that I can still test it with zero credits. I’m still waiting though for the option “AI to human handover” and for notification when AI is starting conversation so I will be able to monitor it and then jump in when need it.

1 Like

It will use your credits! It just uses them until it hits zero and then continues working for testing only…

How do you set up a website to be a data source? Can I use a google doc?

Go to A.I assit settings then look for the data source section activate the upload documents toggle hit edit
and upload your document.

tawk.to currently support PDF, TXT, and CSV formats with the following limitations:

PDF: Only text is extracted. Scanned or imaged pages and empty pages are ignored. The maximum file size is 10MB. All extracted text is split into 1000-character knowledge chunks.

TXT: Maximum file size is 5MB. Any row exceeding 1000 characters will be ignored. Text is split into 1000-character knowledge chunks.

CSV: Maximum file size is 5MB. Empty rows and rows exceeding 1000 characters are ignored. Each row, prepended with its column name, forms a knowledge chunk.

Hi,

I noticed that testing AI no longer uses my message limit.

Is this mean that testing is actually free now or is it some kind of glitch on my account? :slight_smile:

Regards
Lukasz

1 Like

Yes, that’s right. Based on the feedback from our community, we have now made testing completely free!

2 Likes