Transfer to human agent - no notification or sound

Hi,
I set up Apollo assistant and followed instructions to transfer chat via transfer-shortcut (to all agents)
But I have bug that chat human agent (me) does not receive sound notification on desktop app.
So I don’t know if someone is requesting transfer. Only when I open that specific chat I receive sound notification and option to join (and message to kick Apollo)

Is this a bug and can you fix this?
For example, if I have 10 users chatting with Apollo, I would need to open every few minutes messages to see if someone is requesting transfer.
Can you enable sound notification if someone is requesting chat?

3 Likes

Hi @Toni8,

Welcome to the tawk.to Community, and thanks for your query.

We do have sound notifications enabled for chat transfers. Here are a few questions to help us troubleshoot:

1. Are the chats being transferred highlighted in red?
  2. Are you receiving sound notifications for new chat requests?
  3. Could you share a screen recording of the issue?
1 Like

They are not marked in red.
I receive sound notification for new chat request when Apollo is disabled.

But no notification when bot is enabled and someone requests transfer.
Only when I click on that specific chat, then it marks it in red and makes notification sound

1 Like

And when I click on chat…

1 Like

Can you help? It is not resolved.

1 Like

Hi @Toni8,

Thanks for coming back to me and for your patience.

Which web browser are you using? Or are you experiencing this in one of our Desktop apps?

1 Like

Any update on this? I am having the same problem. If we are not logged on the dashboard we do not get any notification for transferred chats. The user just sits there waiting until they are bored to death. We do not even know they are there.

I have the same issue, transfer does not work from AI, alert only happens when you click on the visitor line but nothing to alert you to a chat.

Hi @weelow and @SpinDreams,

I will assume that your device volume is up, you have enabled your sound settings and set a ringtone at an audible volume.

Assuming that this is all true, could you please confirm whether you’re using a web browser or our Desktop app, and if so, which one?

This would help us replicate and troubleshoot the issue.

We’ve tested this on the Chrome web browser and always receive sound notifications for transferred chats.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi, I am using the windows app Version : 2.2.0 in windows 10, its not just the sound it’s the whole transfer alert not indicating anywhere, not visually or audibly until you actually click on the visitors chat entry on the left. Here is a video showing the issue.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnDT_sGP5xXLgeNkH48xorg_SwauHQ?e=jQ5U6i

1 Like

Hi Sam @SpinDreams, thank you so much for identifying the issue, and sharing the video. This is incredibly helpful. I’ve passed this on to our developers and we’ll investigate and get this fixed pronto.

Hi, I’m experiencing a bug where I don’t receive sound notifications for chat transfer requests in the desktop app; can you fix this to ensure notifications are triggered when a transfer is requested?