Visitors in my Chat

I get people that come into my chat but never say anything. I wanted to know ways to engage people when they come into my room. I always say hello, how can I help you, and they leave. Just wanted to get some ideas. I am using this to engage with students more than customers. I just started and haven’t had any activity as of yet.

Hi David,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

Engaging with your visitors can be challenging, and we can’t expect everyone to always respond.

The good news is that with tawk.to, you can automate this process using the Triggers. Just make sure that you’re available to chat when your visitors respond.

This article will guide you on how to edit your Welcome message and other Triggers: Help Center | tawk.to | Creating and managing triggers

When customizing your Welcome message, we recommend you test different open-ended questions that relate to what your students might be looking for on your website. You can also consider sharing resources such as links to articles, videos, or other relevant content that can help them with their questions and interests.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Kristaps

1 Like

I have the triggers on, but when a visitor comes, I don’t think they are getting the messages. How do i double-check that the triggers are working?

Here is a list of things you can do to ensure your visitors are receiving messages from your tawk.to widget:

1. First, go to your website to see if you receive your Welcome message. This will give you an indication as to whether the Trigger has been set up as intended.
  2. Ensure that the Consent form has been disabled (unless absolutely necessary). It prevents visitors who have not opted in from receiving any engagement on the tawk.to widget or even being tracked in your visitor statistics and Monitoring.
  3. You can see your live visitor sessions in Monitoring.

Let me know if you have any other questions? Happy to help.

When I go to my page, it just shows my page. I have set up triggers but it’s not showing up.

David, are you referring to your website or tawk.to hosted page?

The quickest way to get support is by starting a chat on our website https://tawk.to. The team is available to assist 24/7.