Ability to change text in the chat widget icon

Having the ability to change the text in the ‘bar’ version of the chat widget would be a major improvement. I would want to be able to put ‘Support’ or ‘Help’ as the knowledge base which is accessed via the chat widget is not just about being ‘online’.

Thanks! This is a great product!

you can change it. go to channels >Widget Content then Minimized Status Text

EE

Thanks for the info!

So… the UI definitely could be better! Like the ability to edit the text right in the widget configuration :

The bare minimum I would suggest would be to put something on the page to let the user know how to change it.

Hi @AndrewBarbour, we don’t allow the text for the mobile widget to be edited due to size constraints.
There is very little space to add text on the mobile widget.

The text label on your inline Desktop widget can be edited in the Widget Content settings.

Great suggestion, though - we’ll consider it for future updates!

My apologies about the screenshot using the mobile widget - the recommendation still stands for the desktop widget. On the Widget Appearance page - the default is the icon and there is no indication on the widget appearance page that you can edit the text. And if they go to the Content page without changing the selection from icon to the text option - they still can’t change it on the content page (or even know that it is changeable) because the field is hidden on the content page. This is where I was stumped and had to rely on other users and discussion forums to help out. My suggestion is to either allow the user to make the change on the one page OR at least inform them (on the page) that there is something they need to do.

Yes, completely agree!