Allow Forms in Chat during conversation (not just Pre-chat forms)

For appointment bookings, we need to gather various details from the client. It would be good if there could be a form inserted into the chat, mid chat, not just pre-chat, once the client has decided they would like to book in.

It could also be used for identifying existing clients more effectively mid chat.

We don’t want to use pre-chat forms as it reduces our number of chats.

Thanks

2 Likes

I concur completely with you @ELLA definitely needed

1 Like

Hi @ELLA, @LEOHDZ, we already have this feature available in the Shortcuts!

Create a Shortcut and click on Elements to add a form.

Hope this helps! Let me know if that’s what you were looking for?

Hi Kristaps I was referring more to a way of requesting the visitor’s name and email, but not in the form of a pre-chat, rather as part of the conversation, and the data would be saved automatically, since it has been proven that pre-chat significantly reduces initiated chats

@LEOHDZ Shortcuts can be used by agents or AI during a conversation.

This is exactly what you described.

What are we missing?

I don’t mean a shortcut I mean like Apollo ask for visitor name and email and saves it on contacts like prechat

But to have a more modern feel where the visitors can dive into the conversation and collect their details later on inside the chat,

Thank you @LEOHDZ

This could possibly work for us, but is the lead capture form customizable?

Unfortunately no it isn’t

1 Like

@LEOHDZ you can train Apollo to use Shortcuts using the AI question field and suggested messages.

You might be asking for a way to extract customer details and map them to custom fields from the chat transcript, or the ability to link single form fields to questions, such as “What’s your name?” [____________] ?

1 Like

I would like to not have a pre chat form, and that apollo asks for name and email and automaticly create a entry on contacts with the visitor name and visitor email. on the contacts dashboard.

I know I can disable the pre chat, but then I would have to input the name and email of a visitors manually since apollo can’t save it on contacts

1 Like

@kristaps The lead capture form would work for us, if it was customizable, but I don’t believe it is.

If so, can you please consider this a feature request? Thanks

1 Like

for us as well would be enough

1 Like

Indeed, we are working to make it customizable!

2 Likes

you guys are awsome!

1 Like

That’s awesome news, please keep us updated when it becomes available. Thanks heaps

1 Like