Assigning ticket automatically to specific agent based on contents/words in the email

Would it be possible to make it so that certain tickets get assigned automatically to a specific agent when they arrive, based on words/phrases in the email/subject line? This way, the correct agent will get the ticket assigned to them, as we have monitored language our members use. This can then save up time assigning new tickets coming in, like the way one can in Zendesk (now I know Tawk is not Zendesk, just using it as the example).

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi BradleyS,

Thank you for your suggestion! We appreciate your interest in having automated ticket assignment based on words/phrases in emails/subject lines. While it is not currently possible in Tawk, we plan to expand on our automation and collaboration tools later this year. Stay tuned for updates!
If you have any additional suggestions or feedback, please feel free to share them with us.

Automatically assigning conversations based on a selection of the form would be great as well.

Another aspect we would want is based on source - we have specific department emails getting forwarded to Tawk.to and that creates tickets. Those specific tickets should go to that department.

In other words, if until now we get emails sent to billing@, sales@, customers@, and each department would respond there, now we want to switch over to Tawk to - so they can get forwarded to TT but then they should automatically get routed to that department.

1 Like

Hi Bennyls,
Currently, tickets that are created by forwarded emails do not have the ‘‘Department’’ parameter to go along with it.
That said, your feedback has been noted, and I can see how it would be beneficial to map out the parameters on newly created tickets based on which email they were forwarded from.

Let us know if you have any other feedback or suggestions.

Another way to do it can be to auto-assign based on text in the subject, or text in the email. Can that be done?

1 Like

I feel like this feature is missing too.
I need a way to auto-assign and auto-tag incoming-tickets by specific filters.
For examples, emails subjectlines that contain “Contact form submission” should be auto-assigned to the support department, and subject lines with “bugs” should be auto-assigned to developer department.
Another example: email that contains the word “orik” should be auto-tagged with the “Interested in Orik Product” tag.

Do you think you’ll have this feature in the upcoming months?