Issue with Tawk Chat Functionality Affecting Website Usability

We are writing to report a functionality issue with the Tawk chat widget on our website that is impacting user experience.

Issue Description:

After closing the Tawk chat widget and altering the browser window size (either by percentage scaling using CTRL or toggling FullScreen mode), the chat widget’s overlay remains active. This overlay obstructs part of our website, rendering the affected area unclickable and inaccessible to users.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Open the Tawk chat widget.
  2. Close the Tawk chat widget.
  3. Resize the browser window (scaling or FullScreen mode toggle).
  4. Attempt to click on the area previously covered by the chat widget.

We request your assistance in investigating and resolving this issue. Please keep us informed about the progress and any solutions you implement.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue.

We are experiencing the same issue.

@Anastaisa @LEOHDZ Just found that if I change the “On Click Behavior” for the widget to “Slide” or “Pop Out”, it resolves the issue. If you need a temporary fix until the bug is resolved.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information

@Ashealey @LEOHDZ Unfortunately even after changing it to “Slide” the problem remained.

@Anastaisa Bummer. It seems to have worked for us. Hope they get this resolved quickly.

Yep same issue here, it is happening when you resize the window. The second iframe that is created by tawk which is used by the form (not the launcher) goes from:

display: none;

to:

display: block !important;

With an inline style so no way we can fix it from the outside.

This stops our site from functioning as this empty iframe sits on top of our navigation.

We’ve disabled tawk on our site for now as we’ve had customer reports of this causing issues.

Our system uses a left navigation and the tawk iframe blocks the whole thing when a window is resized.

having the same issue.

I hope this message finds you well. I would like to bring to your attention that I am also encountering the same functionality issue with the Tawk chat widget on my website. The problem occurs after closing the chat widget and adjusting the browser window size, either through percentage scaling using CTRL or toggling FullScreen mode. Subsequently, the chat widget’s overlay remains active, obstructing a portion of my website.

This issue significantly impacts the user experience as it renders the affected area unclickable and inaccessible to users. I share your concern and am hopeful for a prompt resolution.

I kindly request your assistance in investigating and addressing this matter. Additionally, I would appreciate regular updates on the progress and any solutions that are implemented. :expressionless: :pray:

Thank you for your attention to this issue, and I look forward to a swift resolution.