Request for Chat Widget Background Color Customization Option

Hi, I would like to change the background color of the chat because some elements on our website, including the background, are white, which currently matches the chat’s background color.

I have checked the widget settings, but I couldn’t find any options for adjusting the chat background color. The available settings only allow customization for headers, text, agent/customer messages, and other elements.

I have also referred to your help section and came across an article (Help Center | tawk.to | Customizing your widget placement with the JavaScript API), but it appears that the provided resources focus on modifying the position of elements rather than changing the background color.

Furthermore, I have contacted customer support and they suggested that I raise a feature suggestion on the forum. I appreciate your consideration.

Hi Oble,
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the importance of widget customization to match your website aesthetics. Currently, we are working on several visual improvements for the dashboard and widget, which includes extended customization options. Your suggestion for chat background color adjustment has been noted and will be taken into consideration as we continue our development efforts.

Let us know if you have any other feedback or suggestions.

Hi team

The trigger notification is such an amazing idea to engage visitors!

Does that mean we can soon customise the trigger notification background colours / borders as well?

There is quite a big issue with it at the moment as it’s white against our websites white background (which millions of websites are as well) and there’s also no distinct border around the notification panels.

It’s not only hard to see and read the trigger notification but it actually looks like a bug on the page because of the white on white and looking obscure over other text in the background.

Please tell us there is a fix on the way? I’m sure many customers will be very happy with that :pray: