Add "End chat session" to shortcut's Actions

Since AI Assist heavily relies on shortcuts, I think it’s important to add more Action options. One essential action is “End chat session.”

Advantages of this action:

• Apollo can ask, “Can I help with anything else?” and if the person says “no, thanks,” it ends the conversation. If configured, it shows the evaluation, allowing the automated service to be rated.

• Ending the session triggers the “End chat” webhook, enabling statistical control, real-time integration with CRM, and other possibilities.

2 Likes

that would be awsome to have. add my vote please

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

By design, tawk.to does not have a function that allows agents to end chats.

Imagine if the customer is in the middle of typing a message, and the agent accidentally (or even knowingly) closes the chat. That would be a rather terrible experience, wouldn’t it?

That’s why our platform does not allow agents to end chats; only customers can.

If a visitor crosses a boundary, however, agents can ban them.

That’s a good point, but agents can leave the chat. As an agent, I’ve accidentally closed the chat several times myself. It’s not a good experience either.

BTW, I think a function like “End chat session” in the Agent’s interface shouldn’t be something that can be triggered accidentally, just like closing the chat window. Furthermore, allowing agents to end the session is a common feature that enhances agent productivity and service quality. In similar tools, it’s always associated with chat ratings (w/ feedback text area) and average attendance time.

Sure, but if you leave the chat, and the customer sends another message, you’ll be notified to join.

This way, the customer won’t be cut off, and you’re in full control of ongoing convos.

We might revisit this in the future when we ship a post-chat state with satisfaction surveys, etc.

Hope that makes sense!

1 Like