How to stop tracking team member visits?

Hi, great plugin! I think its effectiveness can increase tremendously if there is a way to stop notifications about team members’ visits to the site. Sometimes, when one of the agents or even the admin visits the site, it is recorded as a visit. It will be great if there is a way to track Website Visitors without Including the team’s Visits.

1 Like

Hi Naureen,

Welcome to the tawk.to community and thanks for posting!

If you’d like to avoid your team members to be tracked as visitors, you can ban them by their IP address. Note that this will also prevent them from seeing and accessing the tawk.to widget on your site.
This article will guide you on how to ban a visitor: Help Center | tawk.to | Banning a visitor

You can also toggle your notification settings in your profile: Help Center | tawk.to | Managing sound settings and desktop notifications

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Kristaps

Thanks, Kristaps.

But the team members (customer support) need to access the widget to be able to reply to the questions. Is there any way to not show their visits in the analytics?

Best,

Hi Naureen,

Your customer support team only needs to access the dashboard (or mobile app) to respond to chats, not the widget.

Banning someone as a visitor does not revoke their rights to access the dashboard (dashboard.tawk.to).

The suggestion I posted resolves the issue of your staff visits being counted in analytics.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kris

Thanks for your help… will try banning the IP

Regards,